Subject outcome 2.3: Use mathematical models to investigate linear programming problems
- Find and formulate the linear constraints from a given problem.
- Solve linear programming problems by optimising a function in two variables, subject to one or more linear constraints, using the search line method.
Unit 1 outcomes
By the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Determine the linear constraints for a given problem.
- Sketch the linear constraints.
- Find the feasible region.
- Use a search line to optimise the constraints.